Department of Electrical Engineering and Automation
Distributed Systems Group
|January 2017 - present||
Assistant Professor at the Department of Electrical Engineering and Automation, School of Electrical Engineering, Aalto University.
PhD on "Power Control of Wireless Ad Hoc Networks" in the Control Laboratory, Department of Engineering, University of Cambridge.
MEng (Distinction) and a BA (First Class Honours) in Electrical and Information Sciences, Trinity College, University of Cambridge.
Polemidia Lyceum, Limassol, Cyprus. Apolyterion (High School Diploma) received in June 1999. Area of specialization: Science section. Grade point average 20 out of 20.
|Scholarships, prizes and distinctions:|
- Tavel grant by the Ericsson Research Foundation for attending the IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (2016).
- Best paper award finalist ("A Delay-Aware Hybrid Relay Selection Policy") in the IEEE International Conference on Telecommunications - ICT (2016).
- Recipient of the European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics (ERCIM) Alain Bensoussan FP 2014-2015 Fellowship (2013). Declined due to other committments.
- Best paper award ("Contractive Interference Functions and Rates of Convergence of Distributed Power Control Laws") in the IEEE International Conference on Communications - ICC (2012).
- Second place in the IEEE125 UKRI Section logo design competition (2009).
- Bursary from the Rouse Ball Research Fund (2009).
- Cambridge University Philosophical Society Travel Grant (2009).
- Trinity College Studentship and EPSRC Funding for PhD (2005-2008).
- Trinity College Cambridge Senior Scholarship (2003).
- First Prize at the Integrated Design Project (2003).
- Trinity College Cambridge Junior Scholarship (2002).
- Fellow of the Cambridge Commonwealth Trust (2002).
- Cambridge Commonwealth Trust and Trinity Overseas Bursary (2001-2005).
- Represented Cyprus in the International Mathematical Olympiad (2000) and awarded an honorable mention.
- Represented Cyprus in the International Physics Olympiad (1999).
- Best performance (1st place) in the entrance exams for the Greek Universities (1999).
- Represented Cyprus in the Balkan Mathematical Olympiad (BMO) and awarded a bronze metal (1998).
- Represented Cyprus in the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) and awarded an honorable mention (1998).
|Previous academic experience:|
|April 2015 - Dec 2016||
Postdoctoral Researcher at the Department of Signals and Systems, Chalmers University of Technology.
|Jan 2012 -
Research Associate at the Automatic Control Lab, Electrical Engineering Department and ACCESS Linnaeus Center, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH).
|Sep 2010 -
Visiting Lectureship in Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Cyprus.
|Sep 2009 -
Research Associate in Department of Bioengineering, Imperial College London. Part of a European Project: HUman behavioral Modeling for enhancing learning by Optimizing hUman-Robot interaction (HUMOUR).
|Sep 2008 -
Teaching Assistant in Division F, Department of Engineering, University of Cambridge.
Summer Project (in collaboration with Phasespace): We used motion capture systems which are able to track a moving subject in real time and reconstruct its 3-D positions. The aim was to test the ability of this sort of technology to improve hand-eye coordination in individuals.
|Summers 2001, 2002, 2003||
Cyprus Telecommunication Authority (CY.T.A.): Integrated connectivity services, telecommunication systems' maintenance and repairing, customer consulting, utilization of the ISO standards. Also, followed procedures of daily work such as programming and ceasing subscriber and trunk lines, visited installation of telephone exchange and acquired knowledge how it operates.